Open Positions at Evans
Director of Tool Design/Engineering
Tool and Die Designer
Evans is a one stop, “Made in the USA” preferred provider of precision tool & die builds and progressive and hand transfer metal stamping products. We provide complete design and engineering processes, assembly, and packaging. We provide risk management solutions to the overseas supply chain breakdowns for OEMs by localizing supply chains with high quality, seamless logistics, and hands on supply chain control.
Why work for Evans? This third-generation, SBA certified woman-owned company continues to thrive using the same core values established over 70 years ago: Integrity, Accountability, Excellence and Generosity. Evans believes their employees are their most valuable resource, and is a professional organization with a “family-feel” work environment that contributes to the longevity of its employees.
- Customer contact for Tool Build process.
- Design all In house Dies
- Experienced in designing progressive metal stamping tools
- Experience with CATIA, AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Work with Tooling shop floor over process of die build
- Manage all RFQs for Tooling
- Manage all POs for Tooling
- Manage all procurement for BOM for tooling.
- If outside design houses are used—Review and approve all designs from tooling houses.
- Produce all quotes for tooling costs and processes.
- Recommend design modifications
- Design dies, check fixtures, manual and pneumatic weld fixtures for all internal tool builds.
- Procure tooling needed to manufacture all new parts and welded assemblies.
- Troubleshoot tooling problems to help improve stamping or welding productivity
- Service Customers with exceptional customer service for all Tooling needs.
- Submit full design and quotes for all tooling to VP of Engineering for sign off and approval before sending to customer.
- Train on estimating for production RFQs.
- Work to keep all design software and your personal skills up to the latest technology in design.
- Attend needed trainings when new design software changes.
- Travel to Customers when needed.
- Represent Evans in a professional manner in all contacts with vendors and customers.
- Ability to take projects from inception through to production and completion
Strong leadership characteristics
• Results oriented
• Conflict management
• Initiative and follow-up
• Judgment/problem solving
• Keen understanding of manufacturing processes
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Experience in building progressive Tooling a plus.
- Experience with estimating and costing a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Evans Tool & Die, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, or any other legally protected status.
What Our Clients Say...
“In today’s manufacturing marketplace, it is hard to find an American tool & die shop with the expertise matching Evans…We value Evans as an industry partner.”
~ Jonathan Harris, Ryerson Steel
Celebrating Our 70+ Year History!
It was 70+ years ago, in 1948, that Leonard L. Evans, Jr. established Evans Tool & Die, Inc. in Decatur, Georgia. Leonard his wife Mary Alice were both tool & die makers who began their first shop in their daughter’s play house. The legacy that they began lives on.