Open Positions at Evans
Evans Companies is a privately held 3rd generation manufacturing business celebrating 70 years. We are seeking reliable, hard-working individuals to work as Punch Press Operators.
Press Operators are responsible for loading and unloading materials into the press, lubricating, changing dies, identifying any defects in the finished products, and making necessary adjustments while running the press.
- Loading materials into pneumatic presses
- Operating presses and unloading products
- Stacking products onto carts and pallets
- Identifying defects in finished products
- Lubricating and adjusting presses
- Changing dies and setting up presses
- Loading steel rolls that feed the press
- Operating forklifts
- Working with maintenance team members to troubleshoot press issues
- Maintaining a clean and safe work station
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Must be dependable and have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to be at work on time every day
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Able to complete the above duties
- Previous press operating experience strongly preferred but not required
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to identify defects in materials and make press adjustments accordingly
- Able to sit or stand for up to 10 hours
- Able to frequently lift up to 25lbs and up to 75lbs on occasion
- Able to bend, crouch, stoop, kneel, and walk frequently
- High attention to detail and strong math skills
- Good vision and depth perception
- Able to operate or be trained on forklift operation
Experience: not required
- Punch Press: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
Evans Tool & Die, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
What Our Clients Say...
“In today’s manufacturing marketplace, it is hard to find an American tool & die shop with the expertise matching Evans…We value Evans as an industry partner.”
~ Jonathan Harris, Ryerson Steel
Celebrating Our 70 Year History!
It was 71 years ago, in 1948, that Leonard L. Evans, Jr. established Evans Tool & Die, Inc. in Decatur, Georgia. Leonard his wife Mary Alice were both tool & die makers who began their first shop in their daughter’s play house. The legacy that they began lives on.