Open Positions at Evans
Evans is a one stop, “Made in the USA” preferred provider of precision tool & die builds and progressive and hand transfer metal stamping products. We provide complete design and engineering processes, assembly, and packaging. We provide risk management solutions to the overseas supply chain breakdowns for OEMs by localizing supply chains with high quality, seamless logistics, and hands on supply chain control.
Why work for Evans? This third-generation, SBA certified woman-owned company continues to thrive using the same core values established over 70 years ago: Integrity, Accountability, Excellence and Generosity. Evans believes their employees are their most valuable resource, and is a professional organization with a “family-feel” work environment that contributes to the longevity of its employees.
This position melds together steel parts and may also assemble sheet metal.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Structural frame assembly
- Blueprint reading, Structural drawing reading
- Follow engineered drawing specifications
- Deburr surfaces by use of grinder
- Use of cutting torch
- Use of square
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to operate MIG welder
- Basic fabrication skills
- Understanding of 6S
- Understanding of measurements
- Understanding of weld specific tools
- Understanding of steel types and gauges
- Ability to operate iron worker
- Ability to troubleshoot minor sheet metal equipment issues
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- AWS Certification a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year certificate from college or technical school specific to MIG welding or six months related experience/on-the-job training.
Company Benefits (after applicable waiting period)
- Health Insurance with Health Reimbursement Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Evans Tool & Die, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, or any other legally protected status.
What Our Clients Say...
“In today’s manufacturing marketplace, it is hard to find an American tool & die shop with the expertise matching Evans…We value Evans as an industry partner.”
~ Jonathan Harris, Ryerson Steel
Celebrating Our 70+ Year History!
It was 70+ years ago, in 1948, that Leonard L. Evans, Jr. established Evans Tool & Die, Inc. in Decatur, Georgia. Leonard his wife Mary Alice were both tool & die makers who began their first shop in their daughter’s play house. The legacy that they began lives on.