Open Positions at Evans
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Evans is a one stop, “Made in the USA” preferred provider of precision tool & die builds and progressive and hand transfer metal stamping products. We provide complete design and engineering processes, assembly, and packaging. We provide risk management solutions to the overseas supply chain breakdowns for OEMs by localizing supply chains with high quality, seamless logistics, and hands on supply chain control.
Why work for Evans? This third-generation, SBA certified woman-owned company continues to thrive using the same core values established over 70 years ago: Integrity, Accountability, Excellence and Generosity. Evans believes their employees are their most valuable resource, and is a professional organization with a “family-feel” work environment that contributes to the longevity of its employees.
We are looking for a skilled Industrial Maintenance Technician to be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of our machinery and mechanical equipment. This will include installing new equipment, performing regular services and maintenance procedures, and troubleshooting equipment breakdowns.
To ensure success as an industrial maintenance technician, you should have advanced mechanical knowledge of industrial machinery, excellent troubleshooting skills, and good time-management skills. Ultimately, a top-class industrial maintenance technician boosts production by ensuring all production equipment functions correctly and receives regular maintenance.
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints
- Installing new production equipment
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment
- Inspecting and assessing the functionality of production machines
- Troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns
- Adjusting mechanical parts using hand and machine tools
- Fabricating parts for repairs and machine upgrades
- Conducting routine maintenance and safety checks
- Communicating with the production team and maintaining a clean work area
- Preparing and submitting maintenance reports
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems maintenance
- Knowledge of parametric and industrial control systems
- Familiarity with variable frequency drives, PLCs, and able to install basic electrical circuits.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – must have ability to troubleshoot 2 wire/3 wire controls for manufacturing equipment
- Familiarity with OSHA safety standards and regulations
- Basic computer and report writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy equipment
- Good time-management skills
- 10+ years of previous work experience as an Industrial Maintenance Technician
Company Benefits (after applicable waiting period)
- Health Insurance with Health Reimbursement Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Vacation and Sick Leave
Evans Tool & Die, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, or any other legally protected status.
What Our Clients Say...
“In today’s manufacturing marketplace, it is hard to find an American tool & die shop with the expertise matching Evans…We value Evans as an industry partner.”
~ Jonathan Harris, Ryerson Steel
Celebrating Our 70+ Year History!
It was 70+ years ago, in 1948, that Leonard L. Evans, Jr. established Evans Tool & Die, Inc. in Decatur, Georgia. Leonard his wife Mary Alice were both tool & die makers who began their first shop in their daughter’s play house. The legacy that they began lives on.