Open Positions at Evans
Customer Service Manager
Evans is a one stop, “Made in the USA” preferred provider of precision tool & die builds and progressive and hand transfer metal stamping products. We provide complete design and engineering processes, assembly, and packaging. We provide risk management solutions to the overseas supply chain breakdowns for OEMs by localizing supply chains with high quality, seamless logistics, and hands on supply chain control.
Why work for Evans? This third-generation, SBA certified woman-owned company continues to thrive using the same core values established over 70 years ago: Integrity, Accountability, Excellence and Generosity. Evans believes their employees are their most valuable resource, and is a professional organization with a “family-feel” work environment that contributes to the longevity of its employees.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
The Customer Service Manager combines elements of customer service, sales, and account administration into a single position. The role’s primary objective is to support existing customers, as well as establish new customers who call and email by using a consultative sales approach. Successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong customer focus, will be detail oriented, and possess excellent communication skills. The position also requires cross-functional communication and collaboration with many groups including Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Product Development and Accounting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This CS Manager is a “hands on” role with growth potential.
- Respond promptly to inbound product inquires generated by phone, fax and/or email
- Assist customers with product information, quotes, order status, expedite requests, returns, and other general support needs
- Complete, deliver and follow-up on customer quotes. Maintain opportunity list of qualified leads and remain in contact from initial communication through PO receipt and order delivery
- Execute order entry to ensure order accuracy, and that all PO’s are entered within 24 hours of receipt. Enter new customers, and set up new parts
- Assist with material cost and customer pricing to ensure positive margins
- Provide product/customer feedback to support the ongoing Product Development Process
- Maintain a proactive outbound customer contact process to cultivate customer relationships and follow up on opportunities
- Assist with special support and sales related projects as needed
- Responsible for internal communication between departments to ensure accuracy and accountability Review bid documents
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Manufacturing background strongly preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of Customer Support and Sales Operations experience
- 2+ years of work experience in a management role
- Proficient using standard business software including ERP for Manufacturing, Salesforce CRM, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong customer focus with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and successfully resolve customer concerns
- Excellent organizational, communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Professional verbal and written communication style
- Exceptional work habits with the ability to work independently and successfully in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, shift focus easily, and create a strong sense of urgency
- High energy team player with a “can do” attitude
Company Benefits (after applicable waiting period)
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Health Insurance with Health Reimbursement Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Evans Tool & Die, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, or any other legally protected status.
What Our Clients Say...
“In today’s manufacturing marketplace, it is hard to find an American tool & die shop with the expertise matching Evans…We value Evans as an industry partner.”
~ Jonathan Harris, Ryerson Steel
Celebrating Our 70 Year History!
It was 71 years ago, in 1948, that Leonard L. Evans, Jr. established Evans Tool & Die, Inc. in Decatur, Georgia. Leonard his wife Mary Alice were both tool & die makers who began their first shop in their daughter’s play house. The legacy that they began lives on.