Open Positions at Evans
CNC Laser Operator
Evans Companies is a privately held 3rd generation manufacturing business celebrating 70+ years. We are seeking to hire an EXPERIENCED CNC Laser Operator who is a motivated, self-starter with a working knowledge of Amada laser equipment. Troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills are definite advantages.
CNC LASER OPERATOR
This position will set up and operate an Amada CNC laser cutting machine. The Laser Operator is responsible for operating and processing parts according to print and traveler requirements.
- The individual must have a solid understanding of metal fabrication concepts and processes.
- The individual must possess a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Must be able to navigate in a windows-based computer environment.
- Must possess the ability to operate overhead cranes, tape measure, calipers, and hand tools.
- Must be able to determine material types and gages.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Follows safe manufacturing and material handling practices
- Can follow written and verbal details to complete assignments or jobs
- Understands machine setup including program retrieval, proper gases, proper nozzles
- Understands how to operate overhead cranes.
- Understands start-up and shut down for laser machines.
- Understands how to read material sheet tags and determines material types and gages.
- Maintains inspection equipment.
- Ability to sustain 100% efficiency.
- Can use calipers and tape measure to perform accurate measurements per specific print and drawing tolerances.
- Can perform laser cutting operations efficiently and effectively, per specifications.
- Understands, interprets and follows Work Assignments including priorities and start dates.
- At least 1.5 years of prior CNC Laser machine operation experience.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, prints and production routing.
- Ability to utilize and interpret inspection gauges and equipment.
- Ability to follow priorities, achieve goals and coordinate activities in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- No sitting, lifting, or bending restrictions. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass post-offer background check, drug test and physical.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) + 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 10 hour shift, 6am-4:30pm, M-Th
- CNC Laser Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Experience with Amada Laser a plus
- Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certificate from college or technical school specific to CNC Machine Operation a plus
Evans Tool & Die, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, or any other legally protected status.
What Our Clients Say...
“In today’s manufacturing marketplace, it is hard to find an American tool & die shop with the expertise matching Evans…We value Evans as an industry partner.”
~ Jonathan Harris, Ryerson Steel
Celebrating Our 70+ Year History!
It was 70+ years ago, in 1948, that Leonard L. Evans, Jr. established Evans Tool & Die, Inc. in Decatur, Georgia. Leonard his wife Mary Alice were both tool & die makers who began their first shop in their daughter’s play house. The legacy that they began lives on.